Dry or chapped lips, medically called cheilitis, are one of the most common and uncomfortable issues for many people.
Who doesn’t love soft, pink, glossy lips? The skin on our lips is quite thinner and is thus, prone to becoming dry and chapped.
No matter what the season you could be in, you can get cracked lips at any point in time. It is a common problem in people of all age groups regardless of gender. Our lips lose their moisture due to harsh weather conditions, smoking, vitamin deficiency, allergic reactions, excessive licking of lips and a lot of times due to dehydration.
Here’s a list of Home Remedies to help you get those healthy pink lips.
Home Remedies for Chapped Lips
- Sugar + Honey + Cream
- Coconut Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Rose Petals
- Green Tea Bags
- Lemon Juice
- Red Clover
Follow some effective home remedies for cracked and chapped lips:
1. Sugar + Honey + Cream
Exfoliation is the process which helps in removing the dead or dry skin from your lips. You can make natural scrub at your home by mixing sugar with olive oil or coconut oil — sugar with honey, sugar with cream.
- Apply the mixture gently over your lips and scrub lightly for a minute or two
- Clean it off with Luke warm water or wipe it with a hydrating cleanser or face wash.
- Use it for at least 2 times a day to get the pinky glow on your lips.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil as a moisturizing agent provides moisture to the skin naturally. Apply pure or virgin coconut oil over your lips to get instant results as it hydrates your lips while repairing the damaged cells. It also prevents future damage
- Regularly apply at least once or twice, especially before going to bed at night to hydrate your lips and refreshed.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has many anti-inflammatory properties that soothe your skin from any damage. It is also a useful home remedy for chapped lips.
- You can directly apply fresh aloe vera gel over your lips.
- It helps in providing you a soothing effect on the sore or tender lips.
- Other than this, readily available aloe vera and apply it on your lips.
- Use it at least 2-3 times a day to moisturize your lips naturally.
Honey for chapped lips is a centuries-old skincare regime used by our ancestors. Honey can be used as a mild exfoliator to remove dry or dead skin from the lips.
- Apply organic or any honey directly to your lips to get results.
- For the best results use overnight.
- Avoid honey if you have pollen or bee venom allergies.
5. Rose Petals
Rose Petals is also known as an excellent home remedy for your dried lips.
- Soak some flower petals in the raw milk for around 3-4 hours.
- Then, make a smooth paste with the dried petal and raw milk.
- Now, apply the paste 3 to 4 times in a day.
Here, you can utilize Glycerin as a substitute for raw milk. You can also use rose water to hydrate your lips.
Cucumber has many recuperating elements that can enable your lips to remain hydrated.
- Squeeze cold cucumber slices on your lips can moisture them and keep it from drying.
- Rub a slice of cucumber on your lips. It is best to dispose of irritation and dryness.
- You can utilize this for around 1-2 times a day.
7. Green Tea Bags
Green tea has the cell repairing properties that support and saturate your lips.
- Soak the green tea pack in high temp water and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Keep the tea bags on your lips and leave it on for some time.
- Do this at least once or twice a day to get the results.
- It is advised to use the same overnight.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon acts and known as a natural bleach agent having the exfoliate features. Lemon juice with honey nourishes your skin while protecting your lips from the impacts of free radicals.
- Mix one teaspoon lemon juice, one teaspoon nectar, and 1/2 teaspoon castor oil and apply it as a mask for your lips.
- Keep it on for around 10 minutes and afterward, wash with water.
- Do this every day for approximately 7-10 days.
9. Red Clover
Red clover is a readily available weed that grows itself in yards or gardens. It has been used as a natural ingredient for treating your skin problems. Red clover helps in reducing the redness from your lips while easing out the pain and itching to soften your lips.
- Add red clover dried paste mixed with essential oil or honey to get relief from the cracked lips.
- Use it at least 1-2 times a day for the best and effective results.
In case you are suffering from cracked or sore lips, these effective remedies will aid you. These effective home remedies for severely chapped lips work toward getting you back rosy pink lips.
1. Can I Use Any Essential Oil for Chapped Lips?
Avoid any chemicals on your chapped lips. Try essential oil as they are deemed to be much beneficial. The essential oils that help in chapped lips are lavender oil, carrot seed oil, camellia oil, sweet almond oil, and rose geranium oil.
2. How Can I use Sugar to Heal Chapped Lips?
Mix sugar with honey or cream to make a natural scrub for your lips. Use the paste to scrub your lips for a minute or so. It will exfoliate the dry skin from the lips.
3. Which one is the most effective home remedy for the chapped lips?
Ghee or clarified butter is an effective home remedy. Thus, Apply the easily available clarified butter or homemade butter 1-2times (especially at night) days over your lips to get rid of chapped ways.