Thyroid is a butterfly shape gland in your front side of neck. It is one of your endocrine glands, which make thyroxine hormones which control many activity in your body like metabolism, burn calories, control heartbeat.But when your thyroxine level is disturbed in your body, it causes many problem.
Here I will discuss on Hypothyroidism. We can treat it with the help of some herbs and healthy diet.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
2. Intolerance to cold
4. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
5. Poor appetite
6. Dry, rough skin, hair loss
7. Irregular or heavy menstrual periods
Treatment of Thyroid with herb and spices
Mulethi (licorice) – It decrease level of stress (cortisol) hormone which result it removes weakness and tiredness due to thyroid. For using this herb you can boil its stick in one glass of water, reduce it to one cup and drink it but it is not recommended for hypertension and pregnant women.
Coriander seeds (sabut dhynia)- This spice has miracle effect on thyroid gland. For taking this drink two spoon coriander seed soaked overnight in one glass of water, in morning boil this and remaining half take it.
Wheat grass juice- It is not only beneficial for thyroid but also blood and blood related problem. Drink a glass of wheat grass juice in the morning. It also regulates your body weight.
Flaxseed- Flaxseed are rich source of omega 3 fatty acid which force thyroid gland to work properly. You can use roasted flaxseed in making chapattis, Pulses (Daal), vegetable, curd or half spoon with one glass of water early morning.
Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera)- This herb is full of antioxidants, it can balance thyroxin hormone. It can also boost your immunity. You can take this herb in powder form or in tablet form.
Guggle (Commiphora wightii)- Take it one spoon in granule form or one or two tablet in morning.
Tulsi (Basil)- Take two spoon Tulsi juice with half spoon of aloe vera juice.
Bottle gourd(Lauki)- Take this juice with one pinch black pepper on empty stomach.
Ginger- You can boil some piece of ginger in one glass of water,reduce it to one cup and take it in morning.
Turmeric- You can boil two stick of turmeric in one glass of water, reduce it to one cup and take it in morning. You can also take it half spoon of turmeric powder with milk in night.
Diet need to follow
• Cereal (Anaj)- whole cereal like barley, oatmeal, brown rice, corn, quinoa
• Pulses- All pulses(Daal) you can take except soyabean.
• Vegetable- Carrot,pumpkin, mushroom,zucchini,parsley(Hara Dhania),bell pepper(Shimla Mirch),cucumber,methi,onion
• Fruit- grapes, papaya, orange,banana, apple, dates,kiwi,guava,pomegranate
• Dairy products- low fat milk and curd avoid full cream milk and soy milk.
• In your cooking use iodized salt and some healthy oil like mustard oil, olive oil or rice bran oil.
Refined flour,White bread, White rice,noodle,pasta,macaroni,soya flour. broccoli,sweet potato,cabbage,cauliflower,soya.
Above avoided vegetable can be taken in boiled form but not recommended in raw form.