Skin whitening creams are sought after not only by individuals with dark complexion, but also light-skinned ones. That’s because they are not impervious to suffering from uneven skin tone, dark scars, freckles and age spots. This is the reason why the current market is flooded with skin whiteners, all of which guaranteeing to meet and even exceed expectations.
If you have tried a handful of these products, then you already know by now that not all of them are telling the truth. Some of these beauty solutions not only fail to work superbly, but also tend to leave a gigantic hole in the pocket. Besides, the application of these products also comes with certain risks such as:
- Skin irritation. Because of the harsh ingredients they contain, it’s not unlikely for skin to end up red, inflamed and itchy. This is especially true if the whitening product containing those ingredients is applied on sensitive areas of the body as well as places that are newly shaved, such as the underarms and bikini line.
- Excessive dryness. Again, this has something to do with the fact that much of these skin whitening creams rely on very strong ingredients in an attempt to get rid of those dark areas and make your complexion look even.
- Skin cancer and other problems. A common ingredient in majority of these products is called hydroquinone, a skin-bleaching chemical that is associated with skin cancer by some experts. Hydroquinone can also cause other issues, like hyperpigmentation (excessive skin darkening) and hypopigmentation (excessive skin lightening).
Rather than count on any skin whitening solution you can easily obtain at the local pharmacy, convenience store, grocery shop and beauty salon, it is a wonderful idea to opt for some all natural remedies for unwanted skin darkening. It is virtually impossible for you to run out of solutions from Mother Nature as there are so many of them — lemon juice, cucumber slices, olive oil, turmeric powder, aloe vera gel, tomato juice, milk and a handful of others!
Indeed, you really don’t have to head out to just zap those pimple scars, age spots and darkened areas of your body such as the knees, elbows, bikini line and underarms because some of the most effective solutions to skin darkening can be found in your kitchen. Aside from seeing results, counting on these solutions also lets you save a lot of cash.
Combining a few of these ingredients allows you to come up with skin whitening cream that can easily outshine its hundreds of counterparts. The best thing about using the resulting cream is you don’t have to put up with some nasty side effects that are commonly associated with so many skin whitening solutions containing all sorts of harsh ingredients to work.
So if you’re geared up to get rid of dark skin areas safely, effectively and naturally, read on. Choose from the couple of recipes found below. Any one of them can really impress, as evidenced by so many women who were so glad that they’ve tried making these DIY whitening creams with their own two hands!
- 1.5 cups of plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of pure honey
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- 3 to 4 pieces of almonds
- Grab your food processor and grind the almonds until they become fine powder. You may also simply get your hands on almond meal or almond flour available at the supermarket.
- In a small bowl, combine all of your ingredients. Still very well until you end up with a smooth texture.
- Transfer in a small container and stash in the fridge. Apply this DIY whitening cream generously on problem areas especially before bedtime.
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine your gram flour, turmeric powder and lemon juice.
- Add a teaspoon of heavy cream at a time, stirring very well each time. Repeat until you end up with a very thick consistency.
- Transfer the resulting whitening cream in a small container and keep it in the fridge. Apply the product on darkened areas of the body, preferably before hitting the sack.